31 May CREPN #146 – Mastering the Art of Commercial Real Estate Investing with Doug Marshall
Posted at 07:00h in Podcast, Real Estate
<![CDATA[To master the art of Commercial Real Estate Investing is to recognize and understand that investing is more than just the numbers. [x_audio_embed][/x_audio_embed] Investing is much more subjective than objective. Each deal lis different. You have to recognize and understand what is important to the parties in the deal. You have to be a good communicator, ask questions and listen in order to understand what is really in play. Doug Marshall of Marshall Commercial Funding has just released his book Mastering the Art of Commercial Real Estate Investing. He provides some insight about the book and what he has learned as a commercial mortgage broker and real estate investors.
Commercial Real Estate InvestingThere is so much to learn about real estate. Most investors focus on the numbers. If they go it alone, they learn the hard way, and make avoidable mistakes. Investing in commercial real estate is not something to do for a fast buck. To invest in real estate you have to take a long term view, 5 – 10 years. Key takeaways from Mastering the Art of Commercial Real Estate Investing
- Why buying commercial real estate is a good investment.
- The 6 immutable laws of real estate investing.
- Habits of highly successful real estate investors
- Lessons learned from a loser property.
- How to get the best possible loan for your property.
- The 6 Different calculations every real estate investor needs to know backwards and forwards.
- Value Commercial Real Estate
- Determine the loan amount based on the lender loan parameters
- Calculate the property’s cash on cash return
- Determine the effect of leverage on the property’s cash on cash return
- Determine the amortization schedules affect on your investment return
- Determine the minimal financial requirements lenders have in order to approve you for the loan
Real Estate FinancingInside the book, you will learn how to go about getting commercial real estate financing:
- Go back to a lender you have done business with
- Shop the mortgage market on your own
- Use the service of a commercial mortgage broker